Hi all you stencil lovers, Kristie Taylor here with a fun project to help you add some Moroccan flair to any room.
I went away for a weekend crop in Tennessee with some friends and my mom. If you have never been to a crop, you should definitely check in your area and see if you can find one. It can be very inspiring and fun to see all the things that people are creating. Everyone just brings whatever they are working on and creates, while hanging out with a bunch of like minded people and eating yummy food and laughing.... a lot!
Another plus that I have found is that creative people love to share! They love sharing ideas and crafting supplies. It can be fun to take something that someone else is doing and use that as inspiration to create something of your own.
My friend was working on a scrapbook page about Morocco and I got inspired by the colors and got the idea for this canvas.
I love the Medallion stencils, and this one was perfect for a Moroccan look.
Here is my finished project:
Now let me show you how I did it, so you can go and create your own Moroccan inspired art!
1. Paint the entire canvas with Golden fluid acryllic "hansa yellow"
2. Next, use the -------- stencil, bright green acrylic paint , and a dry brush technique to add some design to the entire background.
3. Paint the entire canvas with dark purple acrylic paint, while the paint is still wet, lay the large Circle Up stencil Suzi Dennis designed for March 2016 StencilClub
over it. Use a baby wipe to wipe away the paint in the spaces of the stencil.
4. Allow that to dry slightly, then use a baby wipe to wipe away the excess purple paint.
5. Use a pallet knife to spread prima copper crackle paint through the medallion stencil.
|S388 Decorative Medallion s a 6"x6" stencil designed by Gwen Lafleur|
6. Now, use a pallet knife to spread copper paint through the ---- stencil.
7. Once that has dried, use paint markers to add additional color and detail to
And that's all there is to it! Just a few simple steps to create a lovely Moroccan inspired canvas.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Now go out there and stencil all the things you can!