I adore teaching art journaling at Ephemera Paducah and in doing so realize that there are ways folks get frustrated with the process. Here are my five (5) Pro Tips for reducing that frustration and clearing the way for positive creativity!
1. Choose the right journal (or prep what you will be journaling in)
2. Avoid the Sticky! Suggestions for paints and glues
3. Use two unconventional "art supplies" that are absolutely necessary
4. Avoid wasting paint or frustrating yourself while it dries
5. Finally, don't leave that ugly page in your journal! Use a stencil and start fresh!
These tips are designed for beginners, but pros might learn a thing or two.
Remember! Art journaling should be fun and creative and a place to explore new styles, techniques, and tools. Don't waste time with being frustrated while you do it!
Great tips, thank you Kristin :)ReplyDelete
you are welcome, Wendy!ReplyDelete
Wonderful! Thank you, Kristin!ReplyDelete
Thanks Kristin, great tips :)ReplyDelete
Great tips! Can't wait until I can come in and shop all your wonderful art supplies.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for your tips. Really makes sense coming from someone who's been there and done that. Even better you sell stuff we need too!ReplyDelete