Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Abstract Junk Journal Spread Inspired by Rocks - w/ LauraMixedMedia
Monday, June 5, 2023
Kirsten Varga - June Stencil Club
Using a food packaging box can be a quick way to create a cover for a book. The thin cardboard is easy to work with. The folds of the box will dictate the size of your covers and spine. Just cut the inside pages to fit in the cover and you are good to go.
Friday, June 2, 2023
New Art Tutorial by Frieda Oxenham with StencilGirl® Products
StencilGirl® Products has a wonderful selection of stencils to choose from and today’s project was inspired by a set of stencils that themselves were inspired by tiles. They are all sized 6 x 6” and designed by Laurie Mika. They are gorgeous and I used three of them in today’s art. Here is the tutorial:
1. Take a sheet of A3 sized (11.69 x 16.54”) watercolour paper and brayer on white gesso. My sheet was by Crawford and Black
2. Spray the sheet with a variety of spray paints. I used mainly Lindy’s Starburst sprays for an extra bit of sparkle
3. Stencil randomly through the text stencil from March 2023 StencilClub using Titanium White acrylic paint.
4. Using a variety of colours stencil randomly over the sheet using a cosmetic wedge and stencil L921 Japanese Tulip Oriental Rug.
5. Repeat step 3.
6. Repeat step 4 but using different colours of acrylic paint and stencils S933 Lisbon Tiles, S932 Douro Valley Tile and S931 Cascais Tile.
7. Using black acrylic paint and stencil L281 Bold Flowers, stencil on flowers pointing towards the centre of the page. To make this easier I cut the stencil into individual flower parts. I used 3 different sizes of flower.
8. Add white text to the black flowers by putting the stencil pieces you used in step 7 on the black flowers and then adding the text stencil from step 3 on top of that and then stencilling with Titanium White acrylic paint using a cosmetic wedge.
9. Using stencil S931 Cascais Tile and crimson Stencil Butter paint, stencil the tile twice onto black paper.
10. When dry, cut out the two tiles and cut one in half. Glue onto the sheet as shown. I used double sided tape, but gel medium will also work.
11. Using the small alphabet stencil from the April 2014 Stencilgirl® Club and a red Posca (or other) permanent paint marker stencil on your chosen quotation onto black paper, cut out and add to the sheet as shown
12. Using a white Posca marker, outline the tiles and the text.
13. Add a black frame of approx. ¼” around the sheet with a black Posca marker.
©Frieda Oxenham May 2023
Thursday, June 1, 2023
Follow the Path with Our New StencilClub Exclusive from Carolyn Dube.
The Pathways collection for this month’s StencilClub set was inspired by various sidewalks, walkways, and promenades that hold a special meaning for me. Even though many feet walk over the same ground, our journeys are unique. We each have our own path.
The stencil on the left was inspired by the mosaic walkways of Corinth, the oversized stepping stones of Pompeii and the shifted cobblestones along the promenade in Ephesus.
The stencil on the right had a more playful source of inspiration, watching kids use big buckets of sidewalk chalk to turn plain cement into works of art!
Joining StencilClub means you have access to the coolest stencils around. Stencils that aren't sold anywhere else except to club members. Artist designs, made especially for club members. To get an idea of the past offerings, just scroll down and check out the pictures!
Each month, you get the following:
- Two 9" x 12" EXCLUSIVE Stencils.
Always Artist Designed
Sometimes there will be 2 designs, other times there will be multiple designs on two stencils.
- An EXCLUSIVE video for MEMBERS ONLY provided by the designing artist. It's a class in itself!
- A downloadable PDF with basic instructions to go along with the video for that month
- Entrance into a SECRET Facebook group for MEMBERS ONLY! A place to share, inspire and talk all about stencils!
- Plus, as a MEMBER, you are eligible to purchase ANY past month for the membership price.
- StencilClub members receive a loyalty coupon code each month good for 20% off stencils in the public collection. It can be used more than once.
StencilClub is only:
$25 USD - United States, monthly
$35 USD - International, monthly