For this spread in my Dylusions journal I have used an unusual art supply that is close to my heart. It’s a paper napkin. I love how they merge into your page, adding a little bit of texture but so thin and transparent that you can still see the background through it. You only use the top layer of the napkin, after carefully removing the white under layers (usually either one or two sheets). You have to be a bit careful laying them down. I use a brush and matte medium and carefully stroke it down from the middle out. Don’t worry too much about it though. Extra texture looks very attractive. Once you start working with them you too will become a paper napkin hoarder. I’m not even going to count how many I have but at least they are relatively cheap and you can even use them as a napkin!
Many thanks to StencilGirl for having me back as a Guest Designer. As you will read below I have used stencils from StencilClub. I’m an enthusiastic member myself and can’t wait to see the new designs every month. And if you join now you can still back order the stencils from previous months and years. So you can buy these stencils for yourself!
1. Gesso 2 pages in Dylusions Journal.
2. Scrape yellow and blue acrylic paint over the pages and using large circular stencil (StencilClub August 2015) remove paint through the stencil with a baby wipe.
4. Using smallest stencil from August 2015 StencilClub, a cosmetic sponge and white acrylic paint, stencil on the sunrays as shown.
6. Glue on pieces of a Buddha themed paper napkin (using only the top layer).
8. Drip acrylic inks in white and yellow down the page encouraged by water spray.
9. Spray on Perfect Pearls Mist Forever Red through the small stencil used in step 4.
10. Outline images, text and flowers from step 4 with black markers and a Stabilo All black pencil.
11. Glue on 3 postage stamps as shown. I stayed with my oriental theme and used ones from India. Their colours, too, toned in well.
(c) Frieda Oxenham, 2015. To see more of Frieda's work, please visit her BLOG.
Nice colors :)ReplyDelete
BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/