It’s a privilege to be back as Guest Designer with another project done in my A4 Dylusions art journal.
This one is heavily influenced by my trip to New York back in April,
and some urban grittiness has slipped into the background.
I never cycled there though but admired those that did. It looked like madness!
Hope you enjoy these pages.
1. Gesso both pages.
2. Using 3 colours of paint apply randomly on the spread and rub away with a baby wipe,
through large stencil from Carol Wiebe's Circle Tower stencils from StencilClub February 2016.
3. Using the circular stencil from Mary Beth Shaw's Private Collection 14.3 (October 2014 StencilClub)
and white paint, stencil on bits of the stencil in selected areas.
4. Outline some of the stenciling from step 3 with permanent black marker.
5. Add on bits of vintage paper (mine were taking from a technical drawing book) using matte medium.
6. Stencil with blue paint parts of the stencil you used in step 2,
on top of the vintage pages you added in the previous step.
7. Stencil on the circular part from the stencil from step 2 with purple paint in several areas.
8. Glue on collage elements such as the text, the shutters and the girl on the bike.
9. Outline with black and white markers.
10. Stamp dots and stars with small circular stamps and a blue permanent ink pad.
11. Add the black rub-ons with the numbers.
12. Edge the pages with blue ink pad.
(C) Frieda Oxenham 2016. To see more of Frieda's work, please visit her BLOG.