Pam Carriker’s Woman of Mystery stencils took me right back to the sixties and seventies of the previous century. Doesn’t that make you feel old when your past took place in a different century?! The stencils however bring that moment right up to date, specially the large face one. How could I not use it in my latest project as Guest Designer for StencilGirl Products? Once again a huge thank you to them for their faith in me!
Here are the steps I took to come to the final result:
1. Gesso two pages in your art journal. I use the Dylusions A4 one.
2. Brayer on bright colors including some fluorescent ones if you have them.
3. Using the large stencil from August 2013 and Golden Glass Bead Gel (or another other dimensional gel of your choice), add the circles and squares to your pages. Leave to dry very well.
4. With your finger rub on gold Nuvo Embellishment Mousse over the bead gel areas.
5. Using black paint, add some more images from the stencil used in step 3 on the pages.
6. Using the large stencil from May 2017 StencilClub and a permanent spray paint (I used Liquitex) spray on the face on one page, then turn the stencil over and spray it on the other page too to achieve a mirror image.
7. In the area above the faces stamp on a variety of flower images. I used the Hero Arts Layered Flowers Clear stamp set (CL496) but please just use whatever flower stamps you have in a variety of shapes, both large and small.
8. Color in the stamped flowers. I used Faber-Castell artist brushes.
9. Outline the black shapes with a white marker.
10. Find a suitable quotation, print it out using the computer and glue it on.
11. Edge the pages with a black stamp pad (I used Rangers Archival).
(C) Frieda Oxenham 2017. To see more of Frieda's work, please visit her BLOG.
Wow - love the texture effect Frieda- thanks so much for sharing your process....ReplyDelete
Love all your techniques and composition, Frieda. Well, I love everything. :)ReplyDelete
Wow this great!ReplyDelete