Sometime ago I produced a journal page for a challenge that seemed to work out so well so I thought today I would share with you how to achieve a similar effect using
Here is the step-by-step tutorial:
1. Gesso two pages in your art journal. I used the A4 sized journal.
2. Add paints and remove them through the large stencil from May 2016
3. Add some collage. I used tissue wrap with big black
4. Using the same stencil as step 2, add more patterns by spraying through the stencil with a permanent acrylic paint spray.
5. Add even more texture by using a rubber stamp and a black Archival stamp pad.
6. Let some acrylic ink in different colors drip down the pages. Help it on
7. Add more rubber stamping with a text stamp of your choice.
8. Stencil on more pattern by using the same stencil as in step 2 and Titanium white paint.
9. Now use stencil Blueprint of
10. Now start filling in the spaces around the shapes with a black marker (I used a Sharpie permanent marker W10. It can be hard to see where to fill in with black and if that happens position your stencil on top temporary to see where the black should be (i.e. where the stencil plastic is).
11. Fill in the black spaces, apart from the frames around the rectangular blocks, with white little circles. I used a Signo white pen.
12. Outline the rectangular blocks with a thick white marker. I used a White Sharpie.
13. Add your chosen text where you want. I used text from a vintage book and added it bottom right.
(C) Frieda Oxenham 2017. To see more of Frieda's work, please visit her BLOG.