Hello Hello :)
Today I would like to share with you a project that I really had a lot of fun with. For this brief of What is Old is New Again I went Op-Shopping and found an interesting wood tray, and as soon as I saw it I knew exactly how I wanted to 'make it over' using the fabulous StencilGirl stencils. The end product will be used as a home decor item and I plan on hanging it on my the wall in my creative space.
Here are a couple of before photos.
And here is the after photo. I have used colors to coordinate with my creative space theme of black, white and red. I will be hanging this tray on the wall with a group of paintings with this same color theme.:)
I used the 'Speckles and Spots' stencil designed by the fabulous Carolyn Dube to make over my tray :) :) :)
- To begin with, I removed the plastic decoration and the label on the bottom and cleaned up the tray just with a wet wipe.
- I painted the tray with 2 coats of red acrylic paint. I chose red as it coordinates with the decor of my creative space.
- When the paint was dry I used the 'Speckles and Spots' stencil, designed by the fabulous Carolyn Dube, to trace the circle pattern onto the bottom of the tray.
- I then went over the 'Speckles and Spots' circles with a black Posca paint pen and then filled the circles with a basic line and circle pattern.
- When I finished the tray with a coat of black acrylic paint around the edge I applied a spray sealer coat.
Here are some close-up images of the finished project.
I do hope you have enjoyed this quick and easy 'makeover' of a wood tray.
Cheers and Happy StencilGirl Stenciling!
So effective, bringing that wood back to life to live again. I do wish the stencilgirl stamps were easier to come by over here in the UK, i'd be showcasing them so much more in my designs. Thanks so much for sharing.ReplyDelete
Creative wishes Tracey x
Thank you so very much Tracey �� XxReplyDelete