I’ve always loved mandalas and circles and they pop up regularly in my work. There are many choices of mandala related stencils available from Stencilgirl® Products so you can select your favourite one for this project.
Here is the
1. Using stencil S874 Terrazzo and a set of watercolours, add pattern to 2 pages of your journal using a brush. Let the pages try in between colours. I’m working in my concertina A5 sketchbook, also used for my July project this year.
2. Using the same stencil as in step 1 and light modelling paste with a palette knife, add more pattern and dimension to the pages.
add blue and green acrylic paint randomly over the pages with a cosmetic wedge.
4. Repeat step 2.
5. Add circles to the pages as shown using stencil M197 Swirl and gold embossing paste using a palette knife.
little squares to the pages with pink Stencil Butter and using the small
stencil from the August 2014 Stencilgirl® Club.
7. Add tear shapes as shown using the small stencil from the June 2016 StencilClub and copper Stencil Butter.
mandalas to both pages with a permanent black marker and using stencil
L790 Four Gates Mandala.
9. Colour the mandala in using a gold paint marker.
10. Glue on the vintage text as shown.
© Frieda Oxenham 2023