1. Use an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of mixed media paper. I used a sheet from Ranger Mixed Media Cardstock.
2. Using a small hexagonal Gelli plate as a stamp,
add it to the page using a wide variety of different colored paints.
3. While working on step 2 use the excess paint on your brayer and Gelli plate, on a sheet of deli paper.
4. Using stencil Cornish Petals and Titanium white paint with a cosmetic sponge,
stencil all over the page. Once dry outline with a black marker.
5. Using Liquitex (or any other brand) permanent spray paint and stencil Deconstructed Bold Lily stencil; spray on the lily on the piece of deli paper made in step 3.
6. Use another clear piece of deli paper and put the painted side of the stencil on top to get a reversed lily image.
7. Cut out as many lilies as you want to use and add them to the page using matte medium.
Once dry, add some white paint to the center of the flowers.
8. Outline the flowers with a black Stabilo All pencil and outline the center with the same pencil as well as yellow, red and pink water soluble oil pastel.
9. Find a suitable quotation, tear it out, color the edges (I used ColorBox Pigment Pad Sapphire Silk)
and glue it on.
10. Color the edges of the page using the same stamp pad.
(C) Frieda Oxenham 2016. To see more of Frieda's work, please visit her BLOG.