I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for ways to make things prettier and of course fan ways to use my StencilGirl® stencils. I have the drop water cup that I carry with me everywhere.... but it’s so boring :( so, I needed to pretty it up for real! I’m going to show you how I used my favorite StencilGirl® stencils to create a graffiti style water cup! Just look at this colorful cup! I love it so much and can’t wait to carry it around and show it off! Let’s get started!
1. Tape the metal portion of the cup off to protect it from paint. Burnish the tape down with a bone folder.
2. Sand the cup, this removes the shellac that is sprayed on in the factory.
3. Clean the cup with alcohol and wipe away and dust.
4. Put on your mask or go outside... safety first.
5. Spray the cup using white acrylic spray paint.
6. Wrap the Grandmothers Kitchen stencil from the February StencilClub set around the cup and spray with teal spray paint.
7. Wrap the Streamers and Dots stencil around the cup and spray with green spray paint.
8. Wrap the Streamers and Dots stencil around again and spray with pink paint.
9 Wrap the Mandala Lace stencil around the cup and spray with light blue paint.
10. Wrap the ATC Mixup stencil around the cup and spray with dark blue paint, turn cup, spray again.
11. Use paint pens to add details.
12. Spray with a matte clear sealer.
13 Remove the tape.
insert beautiful graffiti styled cup!
Thanks so much for joining me on the adventure!
Now go stencil all the things!! :)
Post a Comment
If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event we need to contact you.
To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
marybeth (at) stencilgirltalk (dot com)