We have reached the final words of Ben Okri’s poem and by wonderful synchronicity it is also my final project for this year. It has been another eventful one and not always in a good way. We have all had to adjust to the new realities and going forward does not look easy. All we can do is: “Search, search for a new destiny."
I wish you peaceful holidays and I’ll be back with new projects in 2022. A big thank you to StencilGirl® Products for letting me share my art with you.
Here is the tutorial for this month:
1. Using an 8 x 10” gelli plate, brayer on 3 colours of acrylic paint. Press on a sheet of large bubble wrap and take prints on 2 facing 8 x 11.5”. Also take some prints on copy paper while you’re at it.
2. Using fluid matte medium glue on circles from a collage sheet (mine is by Dina Wakley).
3. With gold embossing paste and a palette knife add parts of stencil L822 Filigree Sprigs to the pages.
4. Using one of the extra prints made in step 1, stencil it all over using black acrylic paint and stencil L844 Duck Nesting
5. Using a figure out of a magazine, mark around it with a black marker on the paper from step 4 and cut it out.
6. Cut out the focal image (I used the sun image from a Fornasetti chair article in a magazine) as well as the letters from the word DESTINY (also from a magazine).
7. Glue on all images as shown (I used Regular Gel Medium as well as a glue stick).
8. Re-colour the letters with a red Sharpie paint marker.
9. Outline the figure, the letters, and the stenciling done in step 3 with a Stabilo All black marker and smudge.
10. Add gold to the sun rays with a gold oil pastel and extend the rays into the rest of the pages.
11. Surround the black circles (from step 2) with water soluble oil pastels using colours of your choice.
12. Glue on the rest of the quotation to the left hand page as shown and outline all text as in step 9.
13. Spray on gold mica spray paint through stencil S794 Circle Bubbles, in random areas.
14. Edge the pages with a blue inkpad.