Don’t know about you, but I’m always quite relieved when January arrives: the Christmas tree can be dismantled, the decorations tidied away, and life can return to normal without the frenzy of Christmas shopping and the writing of Christmas cards. I love the dark days at the beginning of the year when the evenings can be spend cozily by the fire, and the warmth of the stove compensates for the frosty coldness outside. This spread reflects such winter evenings.
Here is the full step-by-step tutorial:
1. Gesso the pages (I used an A4 Dylusions art journal)
2. Using Sky Fresco paint (from PaperArtsy) and an old credit or hotel card cover the pages in blue.
3. Using a darker blue (I used Golden Fluid Acrylic Phthalo Blue) and the medium stencil from the November 2016 StencilClub set, remove paint through the stencil with a baby wipe.
4. Repeat step 3 with Golden Fluid Acrylic Dark Turquoise.
5. Repeat step 3 with Golden Fluid Acrylic Quinacridone Magenta.
6. Repeat step 3 with Golden Fluid Acrylic Phthalo Green
7. Glue on images of moon and buildings using matte medium.
8. Using a baby wipe rube Green Gold Golden Fluid Acrylic around the images and on parts of the page.
9. Using Trio of Trees and Golden Titanium White paint, add trees and outline with blue sparkling gel pen when dry.
10. With Gold Radiant Gel add large stars to the sky, using the small stencil from the April 2016 StencilClub set, and with the same gel add a halo to the moon with Bali Doily.
11. Add text using Wall of Words and a white extra fine Sharpie marker. Fill in the Os with a gold marker.
12. Glue on postage stamps.
13. Add crosses in the sky using Wendy Vecchi Metallic Gold Embossing Paste and X Rows.
(C) Frieda Oxenham 2017. To see more of Frieda's work, please visit her BLOG.
Love it, Frieda! Trio of Trees has become a magical forest!ReplyDelete
So gorgeous! Love all the colorful layers!ReplyDelete