Spring is here and what a joy it is to see the green shoots and emerging flowers.
They have long been an inspiration for artists and Matisse was no exception. Neither am I!
This spread is a joyful celebration of colour, flowers and spring time.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Gesso 2 pages in your art journal. I used the A4 sized Dylusions journal.
2. Scrape on peach, pink, turquoise and yellow paint (I used an old credit card) and remove the paint using a baby wipe through Deconstructed Double Zinnia.
3. Glue on flowers images (from photos or magazines).
4. Add text by using a text stamp (mine is by Anna Griffin) with a gold stamp pad (I used the opaque pigment one by ColorBox.)
5. Add more stamping with a flower stamp in colours matching the pages so far. (I used Sunflower – Ornamentum by Uptown Design Company).
6. Using a variety of orange and red paints (including some fluorescent ones) stencil on flowers using Nonsensical Bloom and a cosmetic sponge.
7. Repeat step 6 with turquoise and Scribble Blooms.
8. Repeat step 7 with white paint.
9. Using stencil Deconstructed Bold Lily and white spray paint (I used Liquitex), spray over the stencil and then also use the sprayed stencil, turn it over, cover with deli paper and brayer over it to get the negative image.
10. Use yellow spray paint and stencil Scribble Blooms to add more flowers.
11. Outline some of the flowers from step 9 with white marker and using your fingers (or a brush) rub some gold paint to the pages here and there.
12. Add more flowers using Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste in Metallic Gold with Nonsensical Bloom and a palette knife.
13. Outline embossed flowers with pink and white markers, glue on text after colouring the edges with a Picked Raspberry Distress Ink pad, and colour the centres of the larger flowers with water soluble oil pastels in pink, yellow and turquoise.
14. Edge the pages with the Picked Raspberry ink pad.
(C) Frieda Oxenham 2017. To see more of Frieda's work, please visit her BLOG.
Post a Comment
If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event we need to contact you.
To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
marybeth (at) stencilgirltalk (dot com)