Hello. This is Kate Yetter from the mountains of central Pennsylvania and I am thrilled to be guest posting today. My favorite medium of art is mixed media and at the moment, and I have an art journal obsession. I love spending my spare time doing my many hobbies and spending time with my family.
Today, I am sharing a piece of home décor I made for our newly remodeled bathroom.
I am using two stencils on this piece:
1. I started with a cherry door that I recently took off a vintage hoosier cabinet.
3. I applied 1 layer of gray milk paint over the entire door,
being careful to keep the stenciled motifs raised above the paint.
4. I used a bit of sand paper around the edges to wear away a little of the paint.
Next, I sprinkled some PaperArtsy Infusions powder and activated it with water,
allowing the color to drip over the stenciled area.
After the area dried, I randomly stamped a script stamp.
5. I then added all my embellishments. I made a dream catcher, using an online tutorial, added some feathers and a lot of flowers. Some of the flowers, I brushed with gesso.
6. Lastly, I applied yellow and green embossing powder over the stenciled areas, color to some of the flowers and black paint splatters.
Thank you for joining me today!
I am loving these stencils and haven’t been able to stop using them since they arrived in my mailbox.
I hope you are inspired to use stencils for more than just paper projects. They are so versatile!