Hello Hello :)
Today I would like to share with you my interpretation of our current creative theme Artful Celebrations. I recently attended a wonderful Junk Journal Workshop taught by a fabulous creative friend. With this as an inspiration, I have created an artful journal for a December Daily.
As you can see it isn't your typical take on a December Daily, but it is my artful interpretation; a 'lil grungy, and a lot arty! I have used lots of handmade printed papers/tags created using a gel printing plate, my favorite StencilGirl® Stencils, and acrylic paint.
This image is a close up of the inside page/tag edges. This Journal is all ready for further alteration and the addition of December Daily photos, ephemera, and journaling etc.
The make-up of this journal is a cover and 2 signatures which have enough pages/tags for the whole of the month. I have created some photo collages of some of the internal pages.
These 2 images are of the inside cover:
I have created some simple photo collages of my step-by-step process for creating this December Daily Journal. Creating the papers and the journal was very simple; and a whole lot of FUN!
- I assembled the basic requirements, black and white paper, and deli paper.
- A Gel printing plate, a couple of brayers, and an assortment of acrylic paints.
- Some of my favorite StencilGirl Stencils
- I had lots of FUN creating an assortment of printed stenciled papers.
- I then gathered up some cards and tags; I used these as a base for the pages of my journal.
- I cropped trimmed and adhered the papers to the cards and tags.
- After assembling the 2 signatures I used a long arm stapler to anchor the pages together to allow me to punch the holes for the ribbon to bind the journal together.
- I used some dyed silk binding ribbon to help bind the signatures to the cover.
The fabulous Stencils I used to create the papers in this journal are:
Truth Face by Pam Carriker
Ancient Marks by Suzi Dennis
Loopy Ladders by Cecilia Swatton
Clustered Leaves by Cecilia Swatton
Dots and Dashes by Jessica Sporn
Circles Circles Stencil by Traci Bautista
So that is my creative fun for Artful Celebrations. I do hope you have enjoyed this 'lil share.
Cheers and Happy Stenciling!
Louise :) xox