Hello, Hello, Fellow StencilGirl Creative :) :) :)
Today I would like to share with you my creative interpretation of our current theme 'Love & Friendship'.
As you may have know from my last blog post for StencilGirl®, I am a huuuuge fan of creating Junk Journals. I have a few 'on the go'! I have a collection of tags, paper bags and paper scraps that I have pre-prepared with layers of paint, mostly 'dirty plate pulls', from when I get on a roll with printing using my gel printing plates.
For today's creative project I have used 2 of the pages from my Junk Journal stash to journal personal sentiments I feel for a couple of creative friends, who are having a bit of a tuff time at the moment.
To create these 2 journal pages I have used 2 awesome StencilGirl® stencils designed by the fabulous MaryBeth Shaw.
I would like to share with you some photo collage images that depict my step-by-step process for creating these journal pages.
- To create these journal pages I assembled some basic requirements; Gel Printing plate, StencilGirl® stencils, brayer, acrylic paint, wet wipes, journal pens, sponge applicators, paintbrush, journal stickers, and gesso.
- I actually mixed 2 colors of acrylic paint on my gel printing plate to apply to the backgrounds.
- the application was abstract and a little haphazard to blend with the background pages.
- Whilst the paint was still wet I layered the stencil down and then proceeded to remove paint to highlight stencil pattern, with a wet wipe, on 1 background, and then on the second background, I applied another color of paint onto the gel plate, layered down the same stencil and then printed the pattern.
- When the paint was dry I applied white gesso with a palette knife, roughly in the shape of a human upper torso.
- To complete the pages I added visual highlights with the ATC stencil, sponging on acrylic paint.
- Extra splats of coordinating acrylic paint were added using a soft bristle paint brush.
- The shoulder and upper body definition were created using liquid ink.
- I hand drew the remainder of the face and neck with black journal pens.
- Journaling was added using journal stickers and journal pens.
Here are some close-up images of the fabulous stencils that I have used :) :) :)
I do hope you enjoy these Junk Journal pages that I have created. They for me are very personal, am hoping that their love reaches those intended [IYKWIM]! :)
Cheers and Happy StencilGirl Creating for the Festive Season. Please stay safe!
PS: please remember this.....
"You owe yourself the love that you freely give to other people."
p.s. Click the pic if you want to be part of our Instagram Contest!