We have so many ways to communicate with one another these days and the old-fashioned method of regular mail seems to be forgotten. I mean, I get more junk mail in my mailbox than I do anything I'd actually want to open!
But I am pretty proactive, whenever I can be, to create mail art so that someone somewhere will receive something special in the mail. I've also swapped a lot of art, whether that be postcards or ATCs. This is the kind of happy mail that gets me excited about going to the mailbox!
So when Carol, our Creative Team Director, offered to send me some SrencilGirl® stencils that I could use to create journaling lines or blocks in my art journal, I was immediately inspired to create handmade stationery. I will be using the stationery I create here to write actual letters! I will also scan some of my creations so that I can have them printed out and use them to write with abandon!
Sometimes though, if I'm sending a postcard or an ATC, I like to write a little note to send along with it, and this same process can be used to create notecards or smaller pieces of stationery as well.
Here are the stencils I used:
|Journal Notes Stencil by Pam Carriker|
|Deconstructed Floral Bouquet Mask by Traci Bautista|
|Scribble Scratch Handwriting Stencil by Carolyn Dube|
|Tall Flowers Stencil by Margaret Peot|
- Japanese Calligraphy Paper from Daiso
- Gelli Arts gel printing plate
- Cleaning paper (to clean off brayer while printing)
- Paints (in order of appearance...somewhat:)
- Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic - Globe Thistle
- Charvin Acrylic - Saffron
- Golden Fluid Acrylic - Green Gold
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic - Warm White
- Liquitex Acrylic Gouache - Bright Aqua Green
- Golden Fluid Acrylic - Quinacridone Magenta
- Lukas Acrylic - Fluorescent Magenta
- Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic - Phthalocyanine Blue (Green Shade)
- Golden Fluid Acrylic - Hansa Yellow Medium
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic - Baby Pink
- Blick Matte Acrylic - Blue Violet Light
- Golden Fluid Acrylic - Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold
- Holbein Acrylic - Luminous Rose
- Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic - Light Pink
- Golden Heavy Body Acrylic - Phthalo Green Light
- Holdbein Acrylic - Manganese Blue Nova
- Golden Heavy Body Acrylic - Iridescent Gold (Fine)
- Golden Fluid Acrylic - Titan Buff
- Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic - Indanthrene Blue
- Paper Artsy Fresco Finish - Nougat
- Sponge or brush applicator for stenciling
- Posca Paint Pen in White (fine nib)
- Graphite pencil (4B)
- Standard Legal envelopes
- Acrylic Inks
- Raler Downey - Fluorescent Pink & Pearlescent Waterfall Green
- Liquitex - Yellow Medium Azo
Hi I'm Sarah and Juicy*S is my DJ name. I'm not a DJ. I would love to be a DJ. It's one of my fantasy dream jobs, really. I got this name when my sister, my friend, and I were slinging paint and working in our art journals, drinking wine, and keeping track of the funny things we were saying on a "sign-in" sheet...just craziness. We all ended up with a DJ name that day. I started my first art blog with this name, and I've had it ever since.
I have found that being creative, that making stuff, is a very fulfilling and beneficial activity for me. Creative play, and art journaling in particular, has become my self-care practice. It's so exciting for me to share what I'm excited about, and helping others find their own creative practice is one of my goals in life!