This time of year always calls for a bit of sparkle and this project is full of it!
There were many prints left over from my November project and I decided to use them as the starting point for this month’s project. Check out that project for the stencils I used at the time, but you can use any of your left-over prints. I’m sure that most of you have a pile as large as mine.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Grab some of those sheets, put one down on your work surface and put Large Bubbles on top. Using spray paint (I used Dylusions Shimmer Sprays), spray through the stencil. Leaving the stencil in place put another sheet from your collection on top of the stencil and take a print from the negative spaces. Then remove the stencil to admire the pattern on your original page. Repeat this a few times with your left-over sheets.
2. Using more left-over sheets and a 9 x 12” gelli plate, brayer on a mix of colours of acrylic paint onto the gelli plate, put the same stencil as in step 1 on top of the plate and take prints.
3. Repeat step 2 using white paint on your gelli plate.
4. Repeat step 2 on some of the pages made in step 2 and 3 to add ever more layers to your sheets. I ended up with about 20 finished sheets by the end of these steps which gives you a wide choice of which ones to use for the next steps.
5. Gather all your sheets together and make collages on two facing pages in your sketchbook. I’m working in a square 8 x 8” sketchbook with black pages (from Dylusions) and used matte medium to adhere the pages. Play around till you’re happy with the composition before you glue everything down.
6. Using stencil Spiral and Golden iridescent bronze acrylic paint, stencil on the pages as shown using a cosmetic wedge.
7. Using the same paint as in step 6 with Large Bubbles add more circles to the pages.
8. Outline the circles from step 7 as well as other selected shapes on your collage with a white permanent paint marker.
9. Glue on text and outline with gold and black markers
10. Outline the pages with a gold inkpad.
© Frieda Oxenham 2022
Post a Comment
If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event we need to contact you.
To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
marybeth (at) stencilgirltalk (dot com)