I always have some hand made postcards at the ready for when I might need one. And of course they sometimes disappear fast so it’s time to make some new ones.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Using an 8 x 10” gelli plate, brayer on a selection of acrylic paints and take partial prints of 4 x 6” postcard blanks.
2. Repeat step 1 with different colours of acrylic paint.
some of the same colours as in step 1 and 2 on your gelli plate, put the A stencil
from July 2023 StencilClub on top of the plate and take partial
prints on the postcard.
4. Repeat step 3 but this time using the B stencil from July 2023 StencilClub and Titanium White paint.
5. Using dark brown acrylic paint and a cosmetic wedge, stencil on buildings using the small stencil from November 2018 StencilClub and stencil S814 Icelandic Church. I made 3 cards of each.
7. Outline the letters with a permanent white marker
8. Add green themed washi tape to the bottom of the houses (not the churches) only.
L736 Leafy Doodle Border and a permanent black marker add leaves and trees
to each card and fill in with coloured
paint marker pens.
10. Glue on a vintage postage stamp to each card
11. Spray some Perfect Pearls Spray in various colours to each of the cards through the B stencil of July 2023 StencilClub.
12. Edge the cards with a white paint marker
13. Cover the cards with a layer of matte medium to protect the surface.
© Frieda Oxenham 2023