February is a sort of nondescript month as far as I am concerned. The days are still short and spring seems far away. Sometimes there is snow but even if not, it is mostly cold. What better time to do some arting, so here is my February project step-by-step:
1. Collage vintage and tissue paper in your art journal. I’m working in a 9 x 9” Bee Company Mixed Media one.
2. Using Distress Markers as well as paints add color to the pages and remove some of it again with a baby wipe, through Traci Bautista's Silkscreen stencil and the medium stencil from Mary Beth Shaw's Private Collection 16.2 set.
3. Spray on the house (on the left page) and the face (on the right) with spray paint (I used Liquitex) through the small and large stencils from Pam Carriker's Her Story stencil set.
4. Stencil on house again using the small stencil from step 3 but this time with grey Distress Crackle Paint.
5. Outline face and house with a permanent black marker.
6. Stamp quotation onto vintage paper with a variety of stamp alphabets, tear out the individual words, edge with a suitable color and a permanent stamp pad and glue onto the pages as shown with a glue stick.
7. Glue on postage stamps as shown.
8. Drip white acrylic ink onto the pages.
9. Edge the pages with a permanent archival ink pad in a matching color.
© Frieda Oxenham 2019. To see more of Frieda's work, please visit her BLOG.
Beautiful art journal pages.ReplyDelete
Thanks so muchDelete