While cleaning up my studio (yes, I do occasionally do this!) I found a blank Seawhite A5 Concertina sketchbook. No doubt I bought it for a reason, but I had no idea what that could have been, so I decided to use it for my own purposes. And I have made a start with this project. In this tutorial I’m only working on the first 6 pages or so and l will continue to fill it up so expect to see more of it in the future. Whenever I had left over ink on the stamps or paint, I spread it around on future pages in order to avoid blank page syndrome.
Here is the
about 6 pages with white gesso, spreading it about with a large brush and a
brayer for texture.
2. Select some of your favourite rubber stamps and a permanent black inkpad and stamp randomly over all the pages you’re working on.
3. Using a selection of acrylic paints brayer the randomly over the pages. Also use baby wipes and your fingers to add paint.
4. Using a variety of different colours of Distress Crayons, rub it on the pages and then remove it again through stencils S942 Reflecting Rainbow, S943 Rows of Reflecting Rainbows and S952 Past Lumber Cross Section using a cosmetic wedge.
some washi tape with text on it here and there.
7. Drip acrylic ink onto the pages and let it drip.
8. Brayer on more white gesso.
10. Colour in the flowers with watercolour markers.
on the vintage text and outline with a black pencil
12. Edge the papers with a permanent black marker.
Frieda Oxenham 2023